Monday, October 6, 2008

Plans? Did I have plans?

Nothing exciting to report. Have spent 30 days (who's counting? ME!) getting the students organized to work together and work independently. New kids in the mix and everything is new. We're getting there, though.

I didn't even get my back-to -school-night-learning-goals movie done. And, I still have one student to record, and 4 to photograph. I am pleased with their ideas and artwork. It will be better than last year's movie, just taking a lot longer.

The Chamber of Commerce and the parents who came to Back to School got introduced to the ABC idea. No ideas have come in from them yet. The kids have explored ABC books, so that part makes sense to them.

I am doing the digital story telling series--does that excuse my lack of tech progress with my students? I thought not.

Last week I got internet in the classroom, and I have a document camera that works! That was exciting. Still lacking a functional printer, email, and camera.

5 comments:

VK said...

It sounds like you are moving right along to me. How do you fit in all you have to teach with making movies?
How do you have time to record the students? Wow.

I am working on my digital story--but I have stopped and restarted several times. I am having problems with "who needs to hear this" so I have changed directions a couple of times.

See you soon! ~Vicki

Leslie R. Leach said...

Harriet,
It sounds as though you're doing very well, indeed. I hope you can get all the equipment you need for your classroom, but again, you seem to be doing just fine.

Leslie

Lala said...

I hope you get credit for your digital storytelling series! I'm missing a lot of movie making time with the first graders because of the Celdt testing.I'm still thinking about how to get my point across in my digital story- everything I think of doing seems "corny."

Laurie Winter said...

Hi Harriet:

Your class sounds so fun. I love your ideas. Someday, when I am less dumb, I'm going to do some digital storytelling. Will we be able to see the stuff you and your little guys make when the stories are done? Four to photograph, one to record. I want to see them. They're so cute!

I'll tell you what my dopey students say. They are NOT cute.
Laurie

kristelee said...

Harriet -

I'm so excited about your Loleta ABC project!

Kriste