Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May? Is it Summer yet?

OK--I didn't do what I set out to do, but, by gum, I did:
  • start two new bogs, keep up with one old one (and receive a comment from an unknown reader)
  • give workshops for ATI, in Ukiah, at FESCUE, For CA Scool-Age Consortium, in Kalamazoo for NWP Rural Sites, and at HSU, and have another coming this summer
  • improve my tech skills a lot
  • get the family okay to continue my DS studies, even if it cost money (the Center for Digital Storytelling is offering more classes and a certificate program)
  • inspire others to make digital stories
  • finish one student project
  • have several group and individual student projects very close to posting (including one that was part of the original modest tech project!)
  • inspire a friend to blog and got on her followers list
  • learn I want to develop new blog skills
  • make a project for a state-wide nonprofit agency
  • post to youtube
  • write the script and story board an important story for me
  • meet and befriend great people with tech/writing interests
  • manage to carry-on (barely) in other aspects of my life
  • sign up for the next ATI
  • use my tech interests and developing skills to travel and participate in other workshops (three)
  • get over some of my fears of using technology in public, thanks to awesome Sherpa/great friend and generous techies.
I feel better now. I can let go of all I didn't do, a little easier.

2 comments:

VK said...

You are the best! You are so easy to be friends with and learn from. It was my great pleasure and honor to see your stories and watch you work. I learned so much from you and continue to. I can hardly wait for you to see my students' stories. Everytime I show my story, I always receive positive feedback. You are my inspiration!~Vicki

Lala said...

Thank you, Harriet, it is a pleasure to know you and see you in action! Good Luck for next year on all tour projects.