Monday, August 4, 2008

Read/Write Web (WR#2)

I'm very excited about the potential my students have to do work that affects their community, via the web. I'm thinking that we could partner with community groups and members to do a digital ABC of our community. The students could interview and photograph people and places in our community, and we could put this together into a digital field trip, showcasing our community.

I also am interested in connecting my students with other people around the world. via the web, way easier than through regular mail, which is very slow for kids (and involves paper, which I may misplace.).

I am really amazed at the critical thinking that goes into a digital communication (have also seen many examples of a lack of thought as well). I teach small children, but I can think we can do big stuff.

No comments: