Monday, August 4, 2008

Modest Tech Project (WR#7)

In my heart of hearts, I want each student to produce their own digital story. Not sure I can get there from here, in the next year.

So... my modest, or grandiose project, is: to get my students (not even sure what grades they will be yet--changes week to week) to produce an ABC of our community. We will brainstorm (I will suggest as needed) people and places for each letter. We will visit, photograph, interview, record, document each, and produce a digital program about our community. I learned last year that with a small group (12), even six-year olds could learn to record and edit the sound. I'm sure they can do more. This will be a great way to learn, process, and produce, and I can think of several places to share the work when it is complete. It's great to know how to do stuff, especially to do stuff others can't do, or for kids to do stuff adults can't do.

It's a challenge, but I think we can meet a number of standards through such a project.

What do I need?
Focus
Admin support
Family support
Community support
Someone in the classroom with me at times
a tech troubleshooter
a functioning laptop with internet connection
dig camera
dig vid camera
probably other things I'm not yet aware of...

No comments: