Monday, August 4, 2008

Technology (WR#3)

I can blog (look, Ma, no hands!), word process, email, do digital photos (take, upload, edit, photoshop, email, oraganize, upload to blog or movie). I can surf (web, not water.). I can scan and print. I can make slide shows in iPhoto and stories in iMovie (thank you Ken Burns).

I want to learn to skype, podcast, do jing. I don't know how to customize a blog, avoid the chronological order, or do a web page (even with a template). I get sweaty when I have to hook things up, such as an InFocus projector. Don't really trust that the technology will work when I need it, and don't have the know-how to trouble shoot and stay cool.

I hate when stuff doesn't work, or when we don't have access. My students don't worry me--they actually impress me with what they know and they are willing to do anything. They are also critical, particularly if I make decisions without consulting them (and I love that).

No comments: